Calling out

Check here for teams seeking fighters, fighters seeking teams, official announcements, and the requisite trash-talk.
Sebastian GoldRaven

Calling out

Post by Sebastian GoldRaven »

I am calling out Maria Graziano of the Wrecking Crew.

I will arrange matters with the captain of my team. I would of course prefer to face you in the main event but I can understand if you are reluctant to do so. we can meet in any level of match you prefer though I suggest you choose the anchor bout so that your loss will not heavily affect your teams' chances against mine.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Bode

Post by Bode »

Someone oughta school you on the art of deal makin, bud. Spankys got somethin you want, fightin ya in a ring that is. In order to make a deal, you gotta have somethin she wants. What ya offerin?

Bode
Sebastian GoldRaven

I am not here to make a deal. if Maria is as good a fighter as she claims then she should accept my challenge to secure a win for her team. if Maria is not as good a fighter as she claims then she should refuse my challenge in which case I would challenge you Mr. Bojangles.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Bode

Post by Bode »

Wait wait, lemme get this right. Spanky says shes good but she aint proven herself, so that means shes gotta beat you, cuz you have proven yourself. I got that straight, bud?

Bode
Sebastian GoldRaven

I am saying that those who say they do not have to prove themselves are the ones who who really do have to prove themselves. I am not one of those people nor am I someone who is claiming I have proven myself. Anyone can make claims of skill and anyone can claim they are better than others. Using vernacular you can understand I am in effect saying she should put her money where her mouth is.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Chris

Post by Chris »

Man, I always love it when a mediocre dueler on the second to worst team in the league tries to call someone out.

cg
Sebastian GoldRaven

then it is simple Chris Graziano. if I am indeed a mediocre fighter then your sister should have no problem with facing me. in fact she should welcome the chance.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Ria Graziano

Post by Ria Graziano »

Dude, ya always been good fo' a laugh.

Thanks, man.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Ha ha, Tony. Very funny.

Looks like you even got Bode, Chris, and Ria to fall for it. You're not getting me, though!

- MGB
Sebastian GoldRaven

Mrs. Bojangles your brother Tony is incapable of expressing himself with my level of erudition as I am certain you well know. Thus your attempt to dismiss this as a joke played upon you by a relative is as nearly a transparent ploy as the challenges put forth upon the Baroness of Seaside to keep her from challenging the Overlord.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Jason Stewart

Post by Jason Stewart »

Sebastian,

If a fight is what you want, meet me at the Inn. Bring some friends. We'll have an old fashion brawl and have some beer afterwards and laugh it off.

-Jason Stewart
Sebastian GoldRaven

Jason Stewart wrote:Sebastian,

If a fight is what you want, meet me at the Inn. Bring some friends. We'll have an old fashion brawl and have some beer afterwards and laugh it off.

-Jason Stewart
It is not a "brawl" I am looking for. It is a fight against a woman named Maria Graziano Bojangles.
Sebastian GoldRaven
Bode

Post by Bode »

Take Jason up on his offer there, Seabiscuit. Ya done got yourself too wound up, poor kid.
Sebastian GoldRaven

so you both ended up taking the coward's way out. I will face the best your team has to offer instead.
Sebastian GoldRaven
G

Post by G »

The art of calling someone out is interesting.

The fact that one calls another out does not mean that the called out person is obligated to accept that challenge. Generally, there is an issue on both sides against each other when someone is called out.

When Charlie called me out, I accepted as we had issues to hammer out. When Dustin called me out, or I called him out, it was a long time ago and I can't remember who did the calling off the top of my head, we had issues with each other. He wanted to beat me down and prove he was better, I wanted to beat him down and get satisfaction from it.

There's been other calling out in the past, as well. Avery vs Tareth, I think was one. Jesse vs Tareth vs Avery. Harris has called someone out no doubt. Ego goes a long way.

In this instance, Sebastian appears to have an issue with Maria, but not the other way around. I commend Sebastian for attempting to act on his issue.

An unaccepted challenge, however, is not the sign of cowardice, and that is a word too easily tossed around. On my personal opinion, If I don't like you, I'm not going to duel you. If I don't feel I have to prove anything to anyone, or you in particular, I'm not going to duel you. If I've a previous engagement or something more interesting planned for the week, I'm not going to duel you.

If you choose to view that as cowardice, so be it, that's your opinion. I also wouldn't care what your opinion is, so speaking such wouldn't bother me in the least.

I don't presume to speak for Maria, who is a bitch of the highest degree mind you. I don't specifically know her reasons for refusing to face Sebastian beyond thinking that it was her brother being silly.

I just find the whole argument about this rather tedious and somewhat boorish. A call out happened, nothing came from it. Done deal.
G.D-T.
HDT Enterprises.