Powerhouse Party!

Check here for teams seeking fighters, fighters seeking teams, official announcements, and the requisite trash-talk.
ifl_admin
Site Admin

Powerhouse Party!

Post by ifl_admin »

Captains! Please forward this to your teams.

Congratulations on an exciting first half of Season 2006!

Now that the first four weeks of the season are over, it's time to throw our annual Powerhouse Party. The Powerhouse Party is a 16-fighter single-elimination tournament, with seedings based primarily on your team's position in the standings. Winner earns the coveted Kiowa Belt!

The tournament will take place on Wednesday, August 9 at 9pm ET.

Below are the initial eight invitees who have the highest PDPB on their team with a minimum of two bouts.

BAD - Vanion Shadowcast
COM - Aenlyn Hollow
CKO - Xerzes Maureen
CDR - Gaius Cassius Maximus
TAV - Steven Barbarossa
TMF - Jaycy Ashleana*
SHE - Indigo Trusst
WRC - Maria Graziano*

(* Names may change as a Week 4 bout is still pending for their team.)

The remaining eight invitees will be selected by the captains, one selection per captain. If I have not received your selection in my mailbox when I check it on the morning of Tuesday, August 15, then I will assume you wish the fighter with the second highest PDPB on the team to be invited.

Any fighter present at the start of the tournament who is registered with the league on a team or as a free agent will be eligible to participate as a standby. Priority will be given to the fighters with the highest PDPB and a minimum of two bouts.

All fighters who are invited or who participate in the tournament as a standby will receive an increase in rank. Rank increases will not be given until after the tournament is completed.

Good luck, have fun!

Chairman Kiowa
Speradon

Post by Speradon »

One quick clarification:

"The remaining eight invitees will be selected by the captains, one selection per captain. If I have not received your selection in my mailbox when I check it on the morning of Tuesday, August 15, then I will assume you wish the fighter with the second highest PDPB on the team to be invited."

That should be Tuesday, August 8, ja?
ifl_admin
Site Admin

Post by ifl_admin »

That was a test to see if you were paying attention, and you passed!

Yes, captains, please make sure your choice for your team's second invitee is in my mail by the morning of Tuesday, August 8th.
ifl_admin
Site Admin

Post by ifl_admin »

((This was emailed to all invitees.))

If you are receiving this letter, congratulations! You are cordially invited to the 2006 Powerhouse Party. You have a guaranteed spot in the Powerhouse Party Tournament, the winner of which earns the prized Kiowa Belt. Following the tournament, you will receive an upgrade in rank, regardless of whether or not you attend.

Here are your invitees, along with seeding for the tournament assuming all invitees arrive:
1. Vanion Shadowcast (BAD)
2. Random McChanse (BAD)
3. Maria Graziano (WRC)
4. Chris Graziano (WRC)
5. Indigo Trusst (SHE)
6. Summer (SHE)
7. Jaycy Ashleana-Evilbane (TMF)
8. Koyliak VanDuran (TMF)
9. Xerzes Maureen (CKO)
10. Cory (CKO)
11. Aenlyn Hollow (COM)
12. Yaegor Dalek (COM)
13. Gaius Cassius Maximus (CDR)
14. Nikilo (CDR)
15. Steven Barbarossa (TAV)
16. Artemus Kurgen (TAV)

(Some middle-seeding shuffling may occur if it prevents two fighters of the same team from facing each other.)

The tournament is scheduled for 9:00pm ET on Wednesday, August 9 (that's tommorrow!). At 9:10 we will begin replacing absent invitees with the standby fighters who are on hand. All standby fighters who make it into the tournament will also receive a rank upgrade following the tournament.

If you do not intend to attend the tournament, please let me know so that I can better anticipate how many standby fighters I will need. Also, if you do wish to attend but may be a few minutes late, please let me know as well. However, the latest that I can promise we will wait is 9:15.

See you at the Garden!

Chairman Kiowa
ifl_admin
Site Admin

Post by ifl_admin »

Congratulations to Yaegor Dalek for winning the Kiowa Belt! Thanks to Rena, Matt and G'nort for your help in refereeing!

2006 Powerhosue Party Tournament breakdown!

Below was the final seedings for the tournament as well as each fighter's rank increase.

1. Vanion Shadowcast (BAD) [TR -> FY]
2. Random McChanse (BAD) [TR -> FY]
2.1 Anjolie Quinn (BAD) [TR -> FY]
3. Maria Graziano (WRC) [HW -> PO]
4. Chris Graziano (WRC) (absent) [PO -> PO]
5. Indigo Trusst (SHE) [FY -> MI]
6. Summer (SHE) [FY -> MI]
6.1 Dizzy Flores (SHE) [FY -> MI]
7. Jaycy Ashleana-Evilbane (TMF) (absent) [HW -> PO]
8. Koyliak VanDuran (TMF) [FY -> MI]
9. Xerzes Maureen (CKO) [FY -> MI]
10. Cory (CKO) [TR -> FY]
11. Aenlyn Hollow (COM) [HW -> PO]
12. Yaegor Dalek (COM) [FY -> KBW]
13. Gaius Cassius Maximus (CDR) [HW -> PO]
14. Nikilo (CDR) [FY -> MI]
15. Steven Barbarossa (TAV) (absent) [MI -> HW]
16. Artemus Kurgen (TAV) [PO -> PO]
16.1 Vincent Smith (TAV) [MI -> HW]
Yaegor

Post by Yaegor »

Thank you to all who helped to organize and officiate the Kiowa Belt tournament. Thank you to my captain of Champions of Mythos, Rakeesh, for bestowing the captain's choice invite to the Powerhouse Party to me that gave me the opportunity to win the prize. I would like to dedicate the achievement to my teammate Aenlyn who inspired me and motivated me to stay focused in the tournament. She was on fire against some quality opponents which helped me to try and keep pace with her. After we both won in round one we joked about how cool it would be to face each other in the finals figuring we were too out-classed for that. After we both won round two we got excited that it could really happen though we both knew we had to get by some tough opponents first. When we both advanced to the finals we both actually relaxed and just enjoyed the chance to duel each other knowing that COM would get the first Kiowa Belt of the Iron Fists League.

Yaegor Dalek
IFL Kiowa Belt